Does your pool water have a metallic shimmer and have there been cases of hair turning green?
Copper ions are present in the water due to corrosion, or by using algaecides containing copper sulfate.
- Temporarily increase the pH level between 7.5 and 7.8.
- To remove the copper ions, place a Superflock Plus cartridge into the skimmer.
- Leave the circulation pump running for at least 24 hours and until the pool water hast lost the metallic shimmer.
- If the water is still not perfect after backwashing, insert another Superflock Plus cartridge into the skimmer and repeat procedure.
- Reduce the pH level between 7.0 and 7.4.
- Always use a non copper based algaecide such as Desalgine® or Desalgine® Jet. For more information on the usage of copper sulfate in swimming pool water, please click here.
Do you know the BAYROL Pool Expert app for smartphones and tablets yet? Click here to learn more.